Sunday, April 29, 2012

Now launch the alert 5.....


In a search for a better method of presenting some thoughts and ideas on the net I finally decided to try a blog. My website is dedicated mainly to the ship I served on, USS Midway CV-41 and I didn't want to add all my other interests to it. Facebook isn't a good choice. I tend to stay apolitical there and it's not a good interface for drawings, articles, and the overall appearance is kinda clumsy. Toss in the unpredictable wholesale changes that go on there and well, not a good platform to try and design something that can change overnight without a warning or say so.

My interests are many and varied. I am interested in anything Navy. I served proudly for 8 years (1979-1987) and still miss it dearly. Through my website and Facebook I am able to stay in touch with many friends and shipmates which helps tremendously. 

I am also an avid model rocketeer. I have been in the hobby for over 40 years. I competed nationally in the 1990's and did really well in the team division with a good friend. While competing I wrote several scale articles on missiles and rockets I liked and wanted to model. Now I mainly sport fly and am working on my Level 3 project. I am hoping this blog will inspire me to write new scale articles using material I have collected over the years.

Other things I am interested and in and may post about here.... flying, hunting, guns, snowmobiling, boating, military history, science fiction, books, movies, music... just about anything I'm interested in and may have an opinion or thought about at the time. I might even post something political though honestly, the last thing we all need is another political pundit.

Who am I? A former US Navy flight deck troubleshooter in the best squadron evah, VA-115. Father and husband, pet companion, and overall geek... nerd, whatever. Currently working in IT at a major university.

No comments:

Post a Comment